It's basis consists of techniques that are directly applicable to realistic confrontations. With the absence of traditional Aikido techniques (Suvari Vasa - actions in sitting position on the knees), Sword work (Bokken) and stick (Dze), there is a focus on applied techniques that are effective during a critical and spontaneous self-defense situation. Technically it differs by its unstoppable power, amplitude of movement, speed of rotation, precise control and arm locks. Real Aikido integrates grappling with powerful maneuvers that allow masters to handle several opponents.
Within the system of training Real Aikido, less attention is given to the study of deep philosophical concepts compared to other styles. The main accent is on effective technical preparation and training of physical abilities. Overall Real Aikido is defined as a firmer form of classical Aikido with the addition of techniques from Jiu-jitsu and Karate.
Real Aikido Australia Association
The Head Master and presenter of this technique who started the Association of Clubs of Real Aikido in Australia is Saveliy Timofeev, who obtained his knowledge and attestation from the founder of Real Aikido Lubomir Vracharovich during the years of 1997 – 2010.
Having established his first club in 2014 Saveliy is actively developing this direction in the style of Lubomir Vracharovich; he also conducts seminars and meetings where he shares his experience obtained during training with masters of Sambo and Thai Boxing.
Training and Cost
At this stage in Adelaide there are two clubs.
The cost of training lessons is $200 per person per term or: $250, with limitless attendance in both clubs (possible discounts discussed).
The cost of attestation, seminars, personal and out the city training is charged separately
Club at Norwood
Club at Marion
ADDRESS: 239 The Parade, Norwood SA 5067, "Russian House"
ADDRESS: Crn Oaklands road and Rosedale Ave, Morphettville, SA 5043, "Marion Leisure and Fitness Centre"
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
4-7 years: 16:00 to 17:00
7-14 years: 17:00 to 18:00
Adults from 14 years and older: 18:00 – 19:30
Monday and Wednesday night
4-7 years: 16:00 – 17:00
7-14 years: 17:00 – 18:00
Instructors who have experience in various methods of self-defense and wanting to develop Real Aikido in their clubs must:
1. Pay the yearly instruction fee of $500.00
2. Attend the personal training not less than once per week
3. Teach learners in their clubs according to the system of Real Aikido
4. Provide all students with personal Budo Passport and symbolic stripes according to the requirements of World Centre of Real Aikido.
Special Programme for guards and police
- The style of Real Aikido was specially developed as an effective means of self defence and is used in training of Special Forces in many countries of the world.
Including training of body guards and security forces of President Mugabi, Gaddafi, Putin, Nazabaev, Consuls and European Government heads, and the guards for the Imperial Palace in Tokyo. Lubomir has many awards and titles.
- The most important is the fact that the system created by him for training of Special Forces is effective and within reach. Separate courses in training of guards, policemen and special force branches allow in a relatively short time to be taught effective techniques, ways of disarming and controlling of those disturbing order without inflicting heavy injuries.